Festival of Colors!

So, this last weekend I went to the festival of colors with some friends, Quinn, Lindsay, Hanna, and Bree. It was in Spanish Fork, Utah. We all ended up staying at friends places. Lindsay and I at someones place that Lindsay some how knows.... Lol Hanna at Taylor's, someone she grew up with from home. Bree at Jessi's and Quinn at a Andy's.  




Anyways, all of us, Quinn, Lindsay, Talyor, Hanna, Bree, Andy and I went to the festival Saturday afternoon. It got really crazy! While we were walking to the location, people that had already been had extra colors and were throwing it on people walking by with no color yet. Oh, colored chalk is what was used for all the colors. One girl tried to throw it into my eyes and if i wasn't paying attention I would have been seeing everything in a blur for quite some time. But I blocked it.... some of it.... Lol 


The Festival of colors is actually a Hindu holiday. It is to celebrate and welcome the coming of spring. 
In the Hindu Temple there was a little gift shop, a place to get some food, and upstairs was a Hindu dance party. Before going upstairs you have to take your shows off. Once you are upstairs you can either stay inside or go out to the balcony. Inside there was a group of instructors teaching, anyone that wanted to learn, dances from the religion. I only joined for a few minutes but Lindsay, Hanna, Quinn, and Andy danced for a good amount of time. I even got them on video :) 

After that we decided to go down to the field to get ready to throw the colors, we bought some before the dancing party. A pre-signal was given and every body got chalk ready to throw. Then they gave the signal to throw the colors. At first the chalk cloud was kinda small then it became a fog. I couldn't see the person in front of me, just a vision of pink! ...Literally! Lol After that it just got crazy!! haha 


When I got back to the place we were staying it took forever to get most of the chalk out of my hair. I was also sneezing purple boogers for the rest of the trip!! eww!  


We all ended up coming home Sunday night. I went to Stadium Singing, which was fun but Ryan and I just about froze to death.... Thank goodness for hugs!! Lol ;)

Popular Posts