Jackson Hole with Yellowstone Buddies!!

        Towards the end of the summer two of my friends and I went to Jackson Hole. It was a fast trip and we didn't do anything special, but it was still a special little adventure! We left in the after noon. On our way out of the Park we stopped at the mud volcano. I had been there earlier and it was all just grey-ish brown mud. This time we went there was a lot more color, mainly green but it looked completely different from the first time. 


       The photo below is of the Dragons Mouth. When it was first discovered it would spew hot water 30ft past the mouth of the cave. Now all it does is barely make a splash visible just inside. It also lets out a bunch of steam and sounds kind of scary when it blows hard enough.


Also while we were there Vincent made a friend. I think he had too much fun taking photos of this guy, there were a lot more photos than these three!






We made it to a camping ground at about 10. It was about 45 minutes away from Jackson Hole. When we got to the campground it was dark, which made setting up the tent loads of fun! The tent was only a two person tent so Krista and I took the tent and Vincent slept in his car. We woke up early the next morning and had instant oatmeal (the kind that comes in packets and different flavors) in a cup. After packing up we stopped to fill up on gas and get donuts and hot chocolate. Well that's what I got, they got coffee. As we got in front of the Grand Tetons we decided to take a photo of our awesomeness.


        We got into town and found that there was a fair going on. There were all sorts of booths set up. Jewelry, leather works, antique household items, statues and rugs from a foreign country. There was loads of interesting things there. Most of these pictures were taken by Vincent (who has an amazing eye for photography)







       Of course while we were there we went to the shops and found amazing hats and a really scary bear.


       On our way out of Jackson we went through Grand Teton National Park and went to Jenny Lake. It was so hot out there! It was the some day but I swear it was hotter at the lake than in town! The lake was really nice though. We sat on the shore for awhile and played in the water a bit.











       Once we were inside Yellowstone Park again we thought we were going to see something Vincent and I had been waiting for, a Moose! We stopped the car and pretty much ran to the out look spot to get a better view. Then we realized it was just a large old elk. Still really neat to see but it wasn't a Moose!!!


       I can't remember which came first but we also stopped at the Continental Divide. Wasn't all that momentous but we can say we were there!!


       As we walked back the the car we made an interesting discovery...


       A bat hanging from the licence plate. I even remember when it got hit. It was about a week before this trip and I was driving everyone back from Gardiner late one night. I could see moths and bats zipping in and out of the headlights. One of them flew in front of me and I thought for sure he was a goner. I didn't hear any thud so I thought he made it by safely. Turns out I was wrong. The little guy had been hanging there for about a week. We had all seen it and assumed it was a leaf, didn't think anything of it.


     Also, turned out I killed one of Vincent's favorite animals... I'm Sorry!!!


      There it is our Jackson Hole trip. It was a blast spending time with these two!



Popular Posts